OpenJobs is a small tool to make Mac OSX installations (currently versions 10.5, 10.6, 10.7 and 10.8 are supported) bootable in VirtualBox 4.1 or above.
What does OpenJobs do?
* Install a boot loader in order to make the disk bootable (only for v10.5 and v10.6).
* Install needed Hackintosh kernel extensions.
* Remove kernel extensions that could conflict with the new hardware (only for v10.7 and 10.8).
* Blank user account passwords (in case you "forgot" them ;) ).
* Print out useful infos to configure your VM.
All steps that change data on your disk are optional and you are given the chance to skip them.
How to use OpenJobs?
Begin by creating a new Mac OSX virtual machine. After creation, disable "Enable EFI" under "System", attach your disk to the IDE controller and insert the OpenJobs ISO image into the virtual CD-Rom drive. Now start your VM and follow the onscreen instructions. After patching is done, reconfigure your VM according to the infos OpenJobs printed out, remove the ISO image from the CD-Rom drive and boot.
* OpenJobs 0.2.0 did not identify OSX v10.7.0 correctly. Newer versions should resolve this issue.
* The ISO file of version 0.1.0 was not recognized by VirtualBox v4.0.4 as a valid image. The newly generated ISO should fix this problem.
No other bugs are currently known. If you encounter any, please report them to <bugs (at) pinguin (dot) lu>
This program is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details.